- Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy
- Counselor Corner
Gearing up for school!
Posted by Amanda Sitron on 8/12/2021 9:00:00 AM
We are just a few shorts weeks away from the first day of school, and what an exciting time it is! There are some great innovations coming to our community with our addition of Flex Fridays and supportive seminar offerings. Advisors will be connecting soon to discuss what our school year will look like.
- If Seniors are interested in applying to colleges, now would be a good time to pull up the application information. Many colleges can be applied to through the Common App, and all Minnesota State Colleges and Universities can be applied to through their system.
- Juniors, check THIS out! Its the MACAC virtual college fair. Sign up starts September 8th, and you can learn from tons of potential post-secondary institutions from all over the world. Remember these schools can offer programs from certificates and licensure through 2 and 4 year degrees. There's something for everyone!
- If providing school lunches or school supplies will be a financial challenge this year, please reach out and we can come up with some solutions together as a team.
- Start modifying routines to more closely mimic the school day (think bedtimes and wake-up times). If you ease into it, it may alleviate some of the first week exhaustion your students may experience!
- We will be supporting students with seminars in reading, writing, math, and Project Based Learning this year. But also, have you seen THIS? AroundCloud tutors offers FREE virtual tutoring, and students can set up times to get support with their school subjects.
Remember, as a school counselor, I am here to support students with Academic, College/Career and Social/Emotional needs. Please feel free to connect with me via email, and I look forward to connecting with everyone soon!