Opportunities at JGESA
JGESA has a focus on the environmental sciences in addition to core subject areas. We offer the opportunity to share in the development of a truly unique and individualized educational model. Below you will find a listing of current opportunities at Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy.
If you are interested in an opportunity with JGESA and have questions, please email email@example.com. None of your personal information will be shared with a third party.
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONALS - 1.0 FTE or PT .50 - Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy, Maple Lake, MNWe are seeking Special Education Paraprofessional applicants. This teacher-led school, public charter school, located near Maple Lake, MN, is located on over 300 acres of land. As a small, project-based school we serve over 100 students in grades 6 through 12. A classroom without walls awaits you!
JGESA Special Education Paraprofessionals are dedicated to the many roles within a teacher-led school. Essential duties are to include providing academic skills support; fostering peer relationships and effective social skills; establishing career and transition plans; conducting individual and small-group counseling in the Special Education and General Education settings so that students can have positive learning experiences at school; and educating students and parents regarding social issues. Sit on two site-based teams. Ability to be flexible, yet provide consistency and structure for our students. An active and engaged member of our Team Professional Practice (TPP). Willingness to be along for the adventure!
Compensation:Competitive benefits (TSA, PTO, medical and etc.) and hourly rate based on qualifications.
Terms of Employment:
To be established by Personnel Team and Board of Directors annually.
Performance in this position will be evaluated annually by the personnel team in accordance with board policy.
To provide mental health support to students so they can have positive learning experiences in school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and experience:Required:
- Work one on one or with small groups online as assigned by special education and regular education advisor
- Assist students with reading, writing, and math skills
- Assist students with proposal forms, projects, research, and presentations
- Use and troubleshoot word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software in the context of student projects
- Work with special education staff to coordinate the goals and objectives as stated in the IEP and personal goals of the students
- Assist advisor with instructional materials, goals, and results
- Help student monitor and follow work plans
- Model effective online communication skills
- Foster a positive school culture
- Maintain competency in software for online collaboration and project tracking (e.g., Google Drive, Project Foundry, and etc.)
- Assist students in troubleshooting technological needs
- Attend online staff meetings and scheduled staff training and retreats as directed by the advisor
- Participate in good faith in consensus-driven site-based decision making
- Participate in good faith in consensus-driven site-based decision making
- Assist with record-keeping and filing
- Not responsible for direct discipline- but take notes, monitor, and report to proper channels
- Participate in site-based management teams
- Attend professional development as arranged by staff
- Participate in staff evaluation and self-evaluation process
- Complete and follow a yearly professional development plan
- Participate in all required safety training, follow the safety procedures, and model safe behaviors with students.
- Follow all guidelines given by special education teachers regarding individual student needs, preferences, or unique qualities pertaining to parent requests or specific disabilities.
- Adhere to strict privacy of student information in all aspects
- Other duties as assigned by staff
- A minimum of 2 years post secondary schooling, experience working in schools or a combination of education and experience.
- Paraprofessional certification as required by the State of Minnesota is acceptable
- Must have a cheerful disposition and ability to collaborate.
- Position requires the ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Experience working in schools or as a paraprofessional preferred.
- Ability to work with students with special needs
- Ability to find resources on the internet and in the community
- Good work attendance record
- Ability to follow advisors’ direction and written plan
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality
- Appropriate communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to self motivate and self-direct
- Ability to work with and meet the individual needs of the student as directed by advisors or other staff
- Ability to work with or learn to work various office machines
- Excellent computer skills, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Computer network and internet use
- Typing, filing, and other clerical skills
- Knowledge of laws pertaining to special education, with training
- Knowledge of tutoring techniques to work effectively with special education students, with training
- Experience in a middle and high school setting
- Three years related experience
- First Aid/CPR (or willingness to obtain)
- CIP (or willingness to obtain)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud depending on the activities of the day. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors. Duties may also include working with students in public settings. Duties may also include walking/standing for long periods of time in indoor/outdoor settings.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with American with Disabilities Act (A. D. A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may also be assigned.
Go to http://www.jgesa.org/domain/55 to fill out an application.Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted on 7/8/2020
Reports to: Personnel Committee, TPP and Board of Directors
Supervised by: Indirect supervision Personnel Committee
Terms of Employment: 1.0 FTE
Evaluation: Performance in this position will be evaluated annually by the personnel team in accordance with board policy.
Compensation: Reviewed and established annually by the Personnel Team and Board of Directors. Salary is based on years of experience, licensure and other qualifications (tiers and lanes). Competitive benefits package included through EdVisions Coop.
Instruct students with disabilities in basic academic and social skills. Design and implement a program to help students with disabilities to get credits and successfully complete their schooling and prepare for life outside of school. Complete paperwork, arrange and participate in meetings as required by Federal Law. Participate in the Child Study Team to design interventions, assess, and place students in appropriate programs/ Perform duties as part of site-based management teams in the school.
For any questions -- please email our Personnel Committee: email@example.com
If interested, please fill out the employment application form. http://www.jgesa.org/domain/55
Job posted on 7/8/2020
LICENSED SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - FOR CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR
This teacher-led school is located near Maple Lake, MN on over 300 acres of land. As a small, project-based school we will serve a total of 115 students in grades 6 through 12. A classroom without walls awaits you. A valid MN teaching license, short-term substitute license, and background check are required for Teachers. To apply, please fill out our employment application form.
POSTED JULY 30, 2019
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL Subs
The Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy, a Minnesota public charter school, is seeking paraprofessional substitutes to join our team of dedicated professionals for the current school year. Our teacher-led school, located near Maple Lake, MN, is located on over 300 acres of land. As a small, project-based school we currently serve a over 100 students in grades 6 through 12. A classroom without walls awaits you. Updated resume and background check are required. To apply, please fill out our employment application. For any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re-posted - 7/24/2019