Opportunities at JGESA
JGESA has a focus on the environmental sciences in addition to core subject areas. We offer the opportunity to share in the development of a truly unique and individualized educational model. Below you will find a listing of current opportunities at Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy.
If you are interested in an opportunity with JGESA, please email copy of resume and contact information to email@example.com. None of your personal information will be shared with a third party.
Job Title: School Social Worker PT (contracted)
Location: Jane Goodall Environmental Academy
Social worker will promote and enhance the mission of project based learning in a close, relationship centered community by providing services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships and reduce emotional and behavioral barriers to learning. The social worker will work to enhance emotional and social development of students while understanding the influences of family, community, socioeconomics and cultural differences on student success. The social worker will assist in implementing effective proactive and intervention strategies and work as part of the collaborative team to enhance success in an innovative learning environment.
Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment:
- Ensure compliance with special education due process including assistance with developing and implementing Individualized Education Programs in collaboration with families, students and teachers. Support initial evaluations/re-evaluations and all due process requirements.
- Teach social/emotional skills/sensory regulation/coping and other cognitive skills to students utilizing best practice and evidenced based strategies and curriculum, including instruction in social/emotional competency strategies and cognitive behavioral therapy strategies, developing individual wellness and resiliency. Develop/facilitate skills training plans as needed for JGESA.
- Regularly assess and evaluate learning based on best practice. Measure and report on student progress, and reinforce students' outstanding contributions and performance.
- Participate in team meetings, committee meetings and professional development with general and special education staff.
- Maintain various required records/data according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist with development of 504 plans as needed, when needs are emotional or behavioral.
- Administrative designee for IEP meetings as requested.
Family/Student Relationships: develop family school partnerships.
- Develop regular, positive and culturally responsive communication with families, caregivers and students to ensure clear understanding of student strengths, challenges, goals, progress and potential.
- Collaborate with other staff in developing regular, positive, culturally responsive communication with families.
- Meet as needed with all students/families around emotional/mental health needs and develop system of referrals for students in need of outside services.
- Collaborate with outside community support staff in supporting student’s educational success.
Behavioral Support: promote responsible independence for all students.
- Support all students around behavioral needs, support staff in intervening around behavioral issues, collecting student statements and supporting restorative practices.
- Support the development and implementation of effective behavioral plans/strategies for students.
- Support student resiliency, strengths, responsibility and accountability, including student supervision and discipline.
- Support teachers in utilizing strategies for building community.
- Support families in developing relationships with school staff and collaborating with families around behavioral needs at school.
- Assist general education staff in developing and implementing interventions for students who are not meeting growth expectations in academic, social or behavioral areas.
Understands the diversity among different groups and modifies interaction style to fit the situation; understands how one’s own behavior may affect others; adjusts strategies when ineffective; exhibits appropriate interaction skills; and deals effectively with emotional issues.
- LICSW license or in process of obtaining LICSW license
- MN Department of ED school social worker license
- Understanding of adolescent development
- Knowledge of and commitment to gender equity and basic feminist theory/pedagogy
- Experience working with urban youth and families
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL SUBSTITUTE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR
The Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy, a Minnesota public charter school, is seeking paraprofessional substitutes to join our team of dedicated professionals for the current school year. Our teacher-led school, located near Maple Lake, MN, is located on over 300 acres of land. As a small, project-based school we currently serve a over 100 students in grades 6 through 12. A classroom without walls awaits you. Updated resume and background check are required. To apply, please fill out our employment application form and send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted - March 13, 2017