WE ARE A MINNESOTA PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS IN GRADES 6 – 12
At the Jane Goodall Environmental Sciences Academy, students will foster their knowledge, love and respect for the environment while promoting sustainability for future generations. This teacher-led school is located near Maple Lake, Minnesota in the heart of Wright County.
- We are a tuition free, public charter school for students in grades 6-12 aligned with the Minnesota State Standards
- With a maximum enrollment of 120 students, each learner thrives in a highly personalized setting where they are treated as an individual
- Daily project-based experiences that inspire a love of learning
- Key partnerships with The Jane Goodall Institute — Roots & Shoots Program, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MN DNR), University of Minnesota, and True Friends
- A personalized learning community
- Hands-on, student directed learning & discovery
- Project-based learning opportunities focused on life skills
- Interaction with professionals in the community, field & classroom
- Environmental emphasis integrated throughout the curriculum
Mission & Vision
Out of the classroom, into the world.
The vision of JGESA is to provide a personalized project-based learning experience where student passions, interests and environmental education drive learning toward becoming flexible problem solvers, effective leaders and responsible citizens.
A WORLD OF LEARNING
More than 300 acres of land will become a natural, daily asset to learning across all content areas thereby ensuring students receive a comprehensive understanding of our biosphere. Strong emphasis will be placed on the academic, life and job skills of the students while encouraging all learners to earn post-secondary credits and/or a Career Readiness Certificate while enrolled at the school.