Keeping Connected – We want you to know what is happening at JGESA. From important deadlines, to fun projects. Use the following to stay in the know.
- www.JGESA.org – The JGESA website has all the important information you need. Links to Edio, Kahn Academy, contact info, forms, etc…
- Weekly e-newsletters - JGESA distributes a weekly e-newsletter to all families.
- Follow us on Facebook for frequent updates facebook.com/janegoodallenvironmentalsciencesacademy/
- Current contact info. If your contact info (including email, phone and/or mailing address) changes please notify the office ASAP so that we can remain in touch.
Family/School partnership – One of the advantages of JGESA is the opportunity for parents to be actively involved in their student’s education. There are a variety of options:
- Partners in Education (PIE) – Working closely with the staff, and dedicated to helping carry out the mission and vision of the school, this parent led group meets once a month. And will have events over the summer as well. Contact PIE President Anna Krienke to get involved. email@example.com
- Parent Education Sessions - JGESA offers serval Parent Learing Opportunies each year. Watch for dates to be announced.
- Volunteer – there are a variety of opportunities to volunteer. On-going weekly choices, special events, or if you have a special talent or expertise we’d love to have you share with students. Click the Volunteer icon on
- Advisor Interaction - Please feel free to reach out your student’s advisor at any time for any reason. We welcome your input. Advisors will typically return calls or emails after the end of the school day, allowing more time directly with your student during school hours. However, if you have an urgent need please feel free to contact the office at 952-852-0129 and we’ll take care of it.
Student Progress - Students of JGESA are required to progress through the school's curriculum in the following manner:
1. All students must make one presentation of a project and one exhibit of a project at a Presentation Night or other public venue with Advisor approval, per grade level.
2. It is recommended that the student work to develop their time management skills by completing a daily or weekly planner.
3. Students will be required to complete time logs that includes a definition of work and time completed.
4. To earn standards for any project/activity/experience/etc., it must be proposed and approved by the advisor or project proposal team.
5. Unless previously arranged with an advisor, summer projects/ prior year projects must be validated by the end of Block 1 or no credit will be issued.
6. Extended projects must be monitored by the advisor once per block with demonstrated achievement or the project may be dropped.
7. PSEO students must receive approval prior to enrolling at the school of their choice.
8. Students must have a Career Plan in place by the middle of their 9th grade year.
9. Parents and students should consistently review Progress Reports, Headruch and Khan Academy.